Filling Your Soul with the Good Word of God

Saturday, April 30, 2011

Popcorn!, Peanuts!, Crackerjacks!!!

Popcorn!, Peanuts!, Crackerjacks!!!-As you sit and enjoy a baseball game you will notice vendors walking up and down the aisles selling all types of food and treats for you to enjoy during your baseball viewing experience. As they climb up the stairs and get closer to you, you hear them yell out their pitch of what they are selling. "POPCORN!!!, PEANUTS!!!, CRACKERJACKS!!!, HOT DOGS!!! Who wants a Hot Dog!!!" Their voices fill the stadium and the sight and smell of their food quickly tempts you into buying one of their treats.
   While living in Arizona I would attend many Arizona Diamondbacks professional baseball games. As I sat with my Dad or with friends these vendors would come by calling out what they were selling. The one vendor I remember the most was the one who sold lemonade. He would walk up and down the aisles of the upper decks yelling "Lemonade, Lemonade, Like Grandma Made!!! OOOOWEEEOO!!! You know You Want it!!! You could hear his humorous sales pitch from clear across the ball park! There were many times I bought a nice cold lemonade from him and enjoyed it very much. He and his lemonade surely added to my baseball viewing experience.
   Similarly there are, in a sense, vendors for God. They are His missionaries. His missionaries are called to serve Him by proclaiming, not selling, His Gospel to all of His children in the ball park, world. As a missionary I walk all over trying to get people to listen to what our Heavenly Father wants them to know. Though I don't walk around yelling about the Gospel I do ask others to invite us into their home and hear what our Heavenly Father has to offer them. Unlike the food that the vendors sell at a baseball game it isn't good smelling or good tasting physically, but it is spiritually. John 6: 35 states: And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst. As a missionary through preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ we are able to help others to find that bread of life and that water. Those who are willing to listen and partake will truly never hunger or thirst again. It is my privilege to be a servant of my Heavenly Father and help others come unto Christ and I leave this with you in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...