Filling Your Soul with the Good Word of God

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Jesus, Help Me Take The Wheel

In the popular song sung by Carrie Underwood she tells the story of a girl who's driving and looses control on an icy road. In desperation she throws her arms up in the air along with a prayer.

Jesus take the wheel

Take it from my hands
I'm letting go
So give me one more chance
Save me from this road I'm on
Jesus take the wheel

While this is a touching story of a woman and her baby who are saved from getting into a horrible car crash the lyrics have caused me to reflect would God really want us to just let go of the steering wheel as we offer up a prayer?

    James 2:17-"Even so faith, if it hath not works, is dead, being alone."

I do believe God will help us if we pray, but we also need to put forth some of our own effort. There are times, like the story in this song, that He will help us fully and completely, but other times we need to be willing to do our part as well.

     Matthew 7:21-Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.

So the next time you find yourself in a tough spot, or driving down an icy road of sin, don't just say Lord, Lord and throw your hands in the air hoping He'll save you. Instead say a prayer, grab the wheel, and take control of the situation as God helps and guides you to safety. In the end this will prove to be way more effective.  

Cause I can't do this on my own

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...