Filling Your Soul with the Good Word of God

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

My Christmas with The Mormon Tabernacle Choir

One of my favorite Christmas traditions has to be listening to Christmas music. Growing up in Utah we had the privileged of going to The Mormon Tabernacle Choir's yearly Christmas concert. Most kids my age probably would have found listening to a choir sing for two hours a bore, but for me it was the perfect way to kick off the Christmas season! As I sat there in amazement listening to this angelic choir sing praises of Joy to the World, Angels We Have Heard on High, and Hark! The Harold Angels sing I felt something inside of me. As I continued to pay more attention to this feeling I realized what it was....It was the Spirit! I'm sure there were other times in my life when I had felt the Spirit but it was these concerts that provided me the first opportunity to recognize what the Spirit really felt like.
   Each year I look forward to this, the Christmas season, for the opportunity to, through music, relive this spiritual experience. I'm grateful for what I call "God's Choir" and their heavenly songs who's tunes and lyrics are now ingrained into my mind and heart.  This time of year is truly a great one as I am able to reflect on the Saviors birth and, with my voice, join in singing praises to Him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...