Filling Your Soul with the Good Word of God

Thursday, February 17, 2011

I'll Go Where You Want Me To Go- Part 2 of 2

*If you haven't read yesterday's post about how missionaries receive their mission calls please first read that before reading this post.
   So now that you have an idea of how the Apostles receive revelation for us missionaries and our mission calls I would like to tell you about when I received my call. There is first some paper work you have to submit to the church that states you want to go on a mission and that you have been approved by your local leaders and found worthy to serve a mission for the church. Your paper work and assignment of the call then goes through the process Elder Rasband spoke on. You then receive a letter stating when and and where you'll be serving. This is a very big deal to those who have prepared themselves to serve the Lord and to their families to see where they'll be serving.
   The night I received my mission call is one I'll never forget. As I opened the letter from President Monson I was surrounded by family and friends both in person and over the phone. I had felt pretty calm about opening it and finding out my fate until  I ripped open the envelope, took out the paper, and started to read. Then my heart started to pound. As I slowly read aloud making sure my eyes didn't creep down to where it said I'd be serving I finally reached it. You are hereby called to labor in the Montana Billings Mission.
   My family and friends cheered and the first thought that came to my mind was hey, I know where that is! My quick next thought was I have no clue what is up there. This is when a quick thought of disappointment hit me....Montana? That quickly disappeared though as I soon heard a lot of great things about Montana from my parents, grandparents, and good friend. I went to bed that night with a feeling of great excitement!
   As I look back on that experience, being out on my mission a year now, I can't think anything other than what Elder Rasband testified of. I was called to this mission for a reason! I have been placed in the Montana Billings Mission by inspiration and revelation from an Apostle of the Lord and I continue to be placed in areas of that mission by a mission president for a reason. They both have and continue to be guided by our Heavenly Father who knows the people that I personally need to touch and those who need to touch me. He will continue to place me in the right paths to bring His sheep back to Him.
   As I ponder this and as I leave an area to a new and unknown place one of my favorite church hymns comes to mind. It says
     It may not be on the mountain’s height,
     Or over the stormy sea;
     It may not be at the battle’s front,
     My Lord will have need of me;
     But if by a still, small voice He calls,
     To paths that I do not know,
     I’ll answer, dear Lord, with my hand in Thine,
     I’ll go where You want me to go.

     I’ll go where You want me to go, dear Lord,
    O’er mountain, or plain, or sea;

     I’ll say what You want me to say, dear Lord,
      I’ll be what You want me to be.
I'll go where you want me to go, dear Lord. I have trust in Him and I know I have been called to serve in Montana for a reason. Some I already know and others continue to be discovered each day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...