Filling Your Soul with the Good Word of God

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Popcorn Popping Missionary Style



One of my favorite songs when I was younger and in Primary at church was Popcorn Popping on the Apricot Tree. It was always just a fun upbeat song that I enjoyed. Now as a missionary I recently, thanks to my mother, came across a new version of Popcorn Popping. But this time it has a missionary twist to it. Here are the words to Popcorn Popping missionary style:
        I looked out the window and what did I see?
       Two Mormon missionaries coming after me.
       They had brought me such a nice surprise,
       A Book of Mormon for my very own eyes.
       They told me if I read it and prayed about it too
       Heavenly Father would tell me it was true.
      It didn't seem to me, but it seemed to be.
      The very best thing that ever happened to me!
Just like this song states there are times when we, as missionaries, catch people off guard. They see us coming to their home through their window, their eyes get big, and they think exactly as the song says, "They're coming after me!" But when people will let us into their homes, and listen to our message they quickly see that it is such a nice surprise. They learn how the Book of Mormon can change their lives if they will simply read about it and let Heavenly Father give them the answer that it is true. I testify letting The Book of Mormon and the missionaries into your home will be the very best thing that will ever happen to you. Popcorn Popping

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...